My son took a little working on to get him settled into a routine once again, but he's there. Yep, he doesn't like reading, he doesn't like writing, and he wants to hurry and finish as fast as possible so he can play. We're taking our time, though, and going at a good pace, although how long can first grade possibly take, right?
Both of my children are smart as a whip, and I do not say that bragging because they are smarter than I am, but my daughter is super easy to teach, and my hard-headed son, whom I do love, well, he likes to give mommy a hard time sometimes. But today he was the first one up and the first one finished with his work. His reading is doing well, and his writing, well, it's beautiful, if he would just take his time. We're working on that. Isn't everything always a work in progress?
I've also been cleaning up and cleaning out every room in our house. Things tend to start piling up and before you know it, everything is piled on top of each other. I can't stand it. Greg is out of town again, Mexico this time, and so I figure I've got a few afternoons on my hands, bribing the children to help me out!
Soccer practice has begun, and this year Caleb and Laci are playing, ON THE SAME TEAM! We're doing Upwards again this year and they have an array of different age groups on their team, and some from last year. But it's at the church where we do Classical and so I know a lot of the families there. Us moms get to hang out and chat while the kids play. It's nice.
Okay. Enough of the boring post. Just wanted you to know I was still alive. Maybe next time I'll have some pics of soccer! Love those uniforms!

No comments:
Post a Comment