Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Friday, December 20, 2013

Sox and belts ~

I have guests coming for Christmas.  I should be washing clothes, washing dishes, washing sheets and making beds, grocery shopping, baking, and on and on I could go.  But I'm not.  I have spent the entire afternoon sewing - with my son.  And I can't think of anything else that is more important at this very moment than spending a little time with him.  He came home with a huge bag of goodies from his Christmas party.  On his bag was a picture of a sock monkey - and directions on how to make one. 

"Mom, will you make a sock monkey with me?"

I couldn't help but think of my first sewing project with Laci when we made little Dolly and entered her in the fair.  We had fun.  So I said yes, of course.


It took many hours.  And that's okay.  Sox (his new name) has turned out pretty cute.  So long brand new pair of socks ~


Sweet!



Libby even likes him ~
                               _______________________________

We've had lots of celebrations around here lately before the holidays.  Cub Scouts had their winter banquet last week.  Caleb received lots of belt loop awards for many accomplishments throughout the last few years ~



My, what long legs you have, my dear ~

 
swimming, music, baseball, art, basketball, chess, soccer, flag football, video games ~

Not only do you have to do the activity but you have to tell about safety and answer other questions about them.  I like it.  It challenges them to try new things, maybe things they haven't thought about.  Caleb was so proud.  I think he wore his belt every day for a week straight.

Your dad and I are also very proud of the well-rounded young man you are becoming!

No comments: