Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Another Season Gone!

Well, another year of school has passed and we are enjoying our summer thus far.  Caleb and Laci will be starting new schools next year so it will be exciting.  Although, I have absolutely loved the current school they were at.  I loved the principal, I loved the teachers, and I can honestly say they loved my children.  So thankful for that.  Caleb had the same teacher two years in a row and she never let the year go by without telling him she loved him dearly.  I will so miss them all.  Since we have moved, he will be attending another elementary school near our home.  It is also a good school and it was a hard decision for us to make, as the principal would have let him stay at his current school, if we so chose.  But I found it would be more convenient for me to run Laci to the middle school and then drop Caleb off at his new school rather than trying to get him to the other school and then get to work.  Oh, that's right, can you believe Laci will be in middle school?

It's mixed feelings for me, seeing them grow up. I love all the exciting things they are doing as they are growing, but when Laci and I were walking down the driveway together the other day, I noticed she came up to my nose!!!  When did that happen?  She has the longest legs ever. Gee, wonder who she got that from?

They are both involved in so much; baseball. swimming, theater, music.  The band teacher at the middle school found out Laci played the violin so she asked if she would be interested in playing the string bass that the school just bought several years ago.  She's going to give it a try.  I think she will like it.

My hope and goal for this year is to really, really get more organized in our new home.  Thus far, we've been there a month and still have boxes in the garage!  I try to do a little each day, but it still takes a lot of time.

Did I mention we love our new home?  We love the convenience, the location, the neighbors, the shade trees.

I need to be blogging more, but I seem so, so busy all the time.  I've not taken very many pictures lately, especially of the kids, even the milestones in their lives; Laci's 5th grade graduation, swimming, ball.  I need to get with it.

Laci is trying her hand at a volleyball camp this summer.  She seems real interested in it. We'll see if she takes a real liking to it.

Both kids finished the year with honors.  Laci even received the President's Award.  That was a surprise.  She's not a straight "A" student, but A/B. Her brother on the other hand seeks perfection when it comes to school work.  Sure wish he thought that way about his room, cleaning up after himself when he eats, picking up after himself around the house (he's a boy for goodness sake). But I aim to work on that boy!!!

I love working downtown.  I love the people I work with.  My attorney is approaching 50 years in the business this September.  He takes most of the summer off, (as he should and has every right after that many years).  He gives lots of money to charity and good causes, works hard when he's here, plays golf two times a week, frequents his mountain home and beach home often. He's got the life, I tell ya!  Oh, and we are going paperless at the office (slowly).  That's a biggy in the legal field, as we tend to kill lots of trees.

I'm rambling, I know, but it's my way of recapping thoughts that need to be put to paper as one day I will forget!  My brain isn't getting any younger, you know.

Maybe once I get organized to a certain point, I will blog more often.  For example, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'VE DONE WITH THE CORDES TO OUR COMPUTER IN ORDER TO HOOK EVERYTHING UP.  What in the world could I have done with them?  Why aren't they with the other computer stuff?  I know I put them somewhere.  And I have no email as my email was with our other phone company that is no longer local for us.  I really need to get moving!  So I shall call it quits for now and see if I can get these things moving along.  Until next time ...

No comments: