My Aunt Julie died this week from pancreatic cancer. They gave her six months, but she only made it to four. The cancer was spreading so fast that she couldn't eat or breathe well, and everything was just shutting down. She had made the decision to return home from CTCA, and just in time. I'm sure she knew her time here on earth was nearing. And I'm so thankful that she will no longer experience pain and suffering but is now rejoicing with our Lord. She seemed at peace there at the end, and I think everyone else did as well. Isn't it funny how even though you don't see a person every day, knowing they're no longer here with you just seems weird.
We're leaving for vacation tommorrow and the memorial will not be until we get back. (Another thing I'm thankful for.) I haven't told the kids about Aunt Julie, and I won't until we get back. Laci is very emotional about such things, and has already cried for her on numerous occasions. I wish you could see the little card she had made for Julie and sent her. It said that she was praying for her every night, and she drew a little hummingbird on there (my aunt loved hummingbirds).
Another time for rejoicing, Wednesday is also our firstborn's 6th birthday! I cannot believe it. She's been so full of life since the day she was born. I do not know of a morning when this girl did not wake up with a smile on her face, talking ninety to nothing.
She is more than a handful, that's for sure. And loads of fun and frustration all built into one.
We're leaving Tuesday to go to the Wild Wild West, as the kids like to call it. Jackson Hole, WY is our destination. We're going to do the Yellowstone adventure; a Grand Tetons science camp with the kids; a Western rodeo; and a Chuckwagon trail adventure, where we'll encounter Indians on the trail, and various sorts of other characters as well. We'll ride on real wagons into the Teton Mtns. with cowboys guiding our trail, and we'll make camp somewhere in the mountains and experience a real western cookout, along with a little campfire singing. Should be interesting. I hope the Indian experience doesn't scare Caleb. He's all into the cowboy/Indian thing. And then my little hubby has one little surprise planned for us. I'm almost scared to ask. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with flying thru the air wearing harnesses or helmets. And then of course we'll have a little birthday celebration for Laci, which at this point is totally unplanned. But Jackson Hole is a cute little shopping village with various bakeries here and there, so I'm sure we'll find something she'll like in the way of a cake!!!
Greg just checked the weather in Jackson Hole, it's in the '60s during the day, and they had snow last night. Oh, boy, I think we'll be taking sweaters instead of shorts. I don't know that I've been on vacation where it was snowing in June! It certainly won't be Myrtle Beach, right? So I hope you have a good week, as I know we will :)


1 comment:
Sorry to hear of the passing of your Aunt Julie. Enjoy your vacation knowing that she is with the Lord. Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Jackson Hole. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Send Laci birthday blessings from us.
Post a Comment