Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Friday, June 19, 2009

A WHIRLWIND

I know some of you are anxious to hear all about our "Wild West Adventure," and I have lots to tell you, but it is being put on hold for now. We leave this morning to head to TN for my aunts memorial. It will be nice to see family and friends, a bitter-sweet time, I guess you would say.

The last month has been a real whirlwind for me. I've crossed three different time zones in a one-month period; Wisconsin, Wyoming, and Tennessee, and North Carolina in between. Our grass is knee deep (although I think my hubby managed to get it all mowed last night), and my house is a complete mess. I always have this dream that one day I'll go out of town and leave my house spotless so we can come home to a nice, clean home, but it has yet to happen. Although, when I went away to Wisconsin Greg took off work to stay with the kids, and he and Laci and Caleb worked like mad to have the house super clean when I got home. They even filled my car with gas and went and did a little grocery shopping, and had the grill cranked up when I arrived. I'm so thankful for that. (They're keepers!!) But at least I did get most of our dirty clothes from our trip washed and ready to go again. We'll be back Sunday afternoon (Father's Day, don't forget). At least I'll get to see my dad this weekend. That's unusual.

Please remember my mom and my uncle in your prayers. I know they never thought they would see the day when their little sister would be departing before them.

And I hope you-all have a wonderful weekend! Do something nice for all those fathers out there! :)

No comments: