Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

SIGNS OF SPRING!

There's signs of spring popping up here and there.


These pretty little Easter flowers grow along the bank of our creek.


And I must confess, these little beauties belong to my weedy backyard.

But the weather has been grand lately. Grand enough to play outside.





I've been feeling a little more like this lately ~ So I'm delighted to see the sun.




We've had quite a full schedule this year, with lots of multi-tasking along the way, and I'm quite ready for a long break. So much so that I make up things for my children to do on their own, so I don't necessarily have to participate. Isn't that lovely? Like playing a phonics game on the computer ~



Or having your eldest practice her reading to another audience besides me!



But I'm pressing on till the end of May. In April Classical Conversations will be over, in May our Bible study class will be over, and we'll have a small break from music. We're going to a parent/child three-day practicuum (better known as knowledge camp) in May. It will be a fun 3-day camp, right before summer starts. And it's FREE! The kids will learn drawing with geography (world maps) and play games while the parents learn how to teach a classical education in fun and exciting ways. They are so awesome. It's neat some of the things you learn. And the fun thing is it will be with a lot of the moms and kids that we school with. And then summer begins!!!

We'll be heading to lots of music festivals, dancing, and maybe a little swimming. I haven't heard yet whether Laci and Caleb's swim coach is taking the summer off or not yet. She may be going to Europe for the summer, and I can't say that I blame her. Greg is leaving for Sweden this Sunday night, and Caleb wants to go with him. We will go one day. Just not this week.

1 comment:

Wizardress said...

I'd love for y'all to visit us sometime. Glad you got a little break, it sounds like you need one :)