Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

KEEPING UP

Sometimes it's tough keeping up with three acres and a home. Seems like something always needs replacing or fixing. It's hard to believe we've been in this house for almost 10 years, so I suppose those things are expected. And the yard is another story. It's been a little neglected for the last several years so Greg took a week off a few weeks ago and we did a little spring cleaning and yard tending. We have a creek that runs down two sides of our property, and when we have a heavy rain storm, the creek floods into the yard, leaving all sorts of debri behind. And we have many trees that line the creek and it seems we're forever picking up limbs. But I must say, our kids love it. They have plenty of room to roam, a creek to play in, and there's many adventures to be had.

Greg took off work the week of Caleb's birthday and my mom and dad came up. So Greg and dad made a cool swing for the kids that swings across the creek. Several friends and neighbors have already been over to try it out.






And this spring we have really enjoyed many campfires in the fire ring down by the creek. But that also = many marshmallows and hot dogs being devoured!!




We had a heck of a bonfire thanks to all the cleanup. I would have felt much better if we would have had a fire truck for backup ...




This is the sort of event that men love. So all the neighbors came down to watch as well. It's a "man thing."



I've also planted a little garden right off my porch (underneath the waterhose). We've had large gardens in the past, way back down the back half of our acreage and it just has been a lot of work. If we have a drought we can get no water to it. So I decided I wanted something small that me and the kids can tend to and water, if need be. I also decided to utilize our acres for a few other things, like blueberry bushes and strawberry plants. We love them so I planted a few and I'm going to attempt to grow them. I haven't killed them as of yet, so -- so far so good. If they live through the summer, I might be doing good. And I have been contemplating planting a few apple and pear trees.

As for now, we're resting and enjoying our yard.





2 comments:

Buffie Cullens said...

I like the pic that shows Laci jumping the creek. Now that you have some fire bulding under your belt you need to come camping with us. We have two trips planned for later in the month if you are interested, let me know and I'll give you more info.

Wizardress said...

I'd love to come sit by the fire and chat, and of course, roast marshmallows. Truth be told- I'd like to swing out across the creek too :)