Some friends called us Friday night. They said, "We're going to Appalachian State University tomorrow for a music festival, wanna go?"
We had no other plans so we said, "Sure." It's a fairly new heritage festival that they started about 3 years ago. It was sooo cold up in the mountains. Still snow on the hilltops, wind blowing 90 miles an hour. But what a nice school. The student union, which is where the festival was held, had at least 10 cafes and coffee shops throughout the building. I tell ya, college students live far better at college than they do at home!!
Anyway, they had a division that I'd never seen called the Novice Fiddle Division, where you can compete if you've only been playing two years or less. So Caleb said, "I'm going to play and win." You know he's all about winning, my little mister competitive one. Well, folks, he did win 3rd place. Which entitled him to a certificate and $15 in cash winnings. He was so excited. We asked him if he was going to contribute his winnings to the Disney fund we've all been contribuing to for the past six months, and where Laci has put her winnings. He said, no, he was going to buy him a toy. Actually, he contributed $5 and kept 10 of it for himself. He deserves it. I hope he buys something fun with it.
I see my little man coming into his own these days. I'll share some more "first" videos with you later. It's exciting when you see your children start to really "get it," and then you realize they're just getting older. boo-hoo
But mommy is so proud of both of them :)

2 comments:
YAY, Caleb!
Yeahhhh Caleb indeed!
Post a Comment