Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

We're getting closer by the hour ...

Our housesitter is in place, child care arranged, and the excitement begins ...

We finally made it to Atlanta this afternoon, met my sister and went out to eat. I was wondering if we would ever make it. Greg has been fighting a viral infection that finally came to head (a few days before departure), and a slight trace of pneumonia in his right lung (maybe). So the doc gave him a super strong antibiotic before we left. Of course not before we had plumbing issues. Caleb walked in the house Wednesday and said, "Dad, there's a fountain spouting out of the ground in the front yard." Greg walks out there and sure enough, we have a pipe leaking. So he called the plumber, they did not show up until 4:30ish, and I still had clothes to wash and pack, dishes to clean, et cetera, et cetera. So we were up a little late last night.

The kids could not be more excited about going to Camp Carols (that would be my sister's house) :) Laci was up by 6:30, had made her bed, dressed, suitecase out front and ready to go, and breakfast eaten! The rest of us were still sleeping at 7:30 and she could no longer stand it. She wanted everyone else to get up too.

They drove away in Aunt Carol's car, hardly able to contain themselves. And Caleb said, "Mommy, I'm sure going to miss you." I will miss you too, honey! But I know they'll have a blast.

I'll be blogging some while Greg is in meetings, so visit back at my place later in the week and I'll show you a little of Shanghai.

Now we're off to bed. Our flight leaves out Thurs morning at 7:00 a.m. One layover in Chicago and then we'll be in the air for the next 14 hours. Oh, and by the way, we'll be 12 hours ahead of EST so any messages sent my way will have a little wait time in between responses.

Sleep tight everyone!

1 comment:

Buffie Cullens said...

Looking forward to reading about your adventures in China. Waht an expereince of a lifetime. Enjoy!