Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Honoring Mothers and Other Stuff Too!


(Mommies sure are special, aren't they?)

I'm a little late but I just couldn't go without telling you about my wonderful Mother's Day. I wish I had pics to share, but I was so much enjoying doing nothing that I don't even have that.

We're involved in a small Bible study on Sunday nights with 4 other couples with young families, and we have such a wonderful time together. Our children love to get together and play and just have a good time. We fellowship with a meal and then talk in more detail about what we learned from the sermon that morning. This particular Sunday the men decided they would do something special for the moms and ladies of the group. The men met at our house while the women spent some time together at another mom's house. The men took the children and we had a little down time to ourselves. When we arrived at the house that afternoon, the men had a table set up for the moms with a white tablecloth, fresh flowers, real plates and utencils, gourment cake for after dinner. The food they grilled was wonderful, shrimp, smoked sausage, butterflied marinated chicken breast, salad. It was all so nice. The men truly outdid themselves. And we didn't lift a finger all day long. They served our food, they served the children's food. They wouldn't let us do anything. And it was sooo nice! And I woke up the next morning to a clean kitchen! At the end of the night the children presented their mommies with life-size Mother's Day cards. They each one signed something special on the cards. The weather could not have been any more perfect that day. We couldn't have asked for any better. Children learning to serve their mothers, and the men teaching the children to serve. It truly was special.

They say it may become a yearly tradition. Well, that would certainly be fine with us ladies. It was the best Mother's Day we had ever had! Thanks, men, for making our day so special!


And speaking of mothers, do you remember the soon-to-be arrival of our friends?
Well, they've arrived!!!





And mama wasted no time feeding her babies.

Okay, so I'm no wildlife photographer, but just happened this mama built her nest just outside our garage window and when Greg was cleaning out the garage for the big Mother's Day bash, he said, "You've got to come out here and see this." Mama was feeding her little ones. It was so sweet.

I hope your Mother's Day was as special as ours.

__________________________________________________________________

On another sweet note, back some time ago when my aunt died and I went to the funeral, I dug up some sweet flowers from her house. They are petite little irises. I planted them in my front beds and they just sat there. No blooms, no nothing. Well, this year they finally bloomed. New life all over again. Sweeet surprise!




May you each get a sweet surprise this week!

No comments: