Me and My Family
- Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Happenings ~
So much to fill you in on, and always lots of happenings going on around here, I just haven't been in the mood for blogging lately. Emotions are up and down and still do not know the exact return date of my hubby. The kids are counting down the days until the end of the month (he will be returning by then). We all miss him very much.
Before Greg left, he and Caleb joined the cubs scouts with a bunch of other wonderful families. And since he hasn't been here, a friend of ours has stepped up to the plate to adopt Caleb into their family every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month to take him to cub scouts. They just finished their first Derby car race of the year. 90 races in 1.5 hours time. It was a record. The boys had a blast and Laci and I went to our first cub den huddle. Other families were there as well. One of our friends from church was kind enough to help Caleb make his car. Actually, two guys helped him to work on it. And if you do not know much about Derby cars, it's basically 'make the fastest car you can out of a 3-inch block of wood.' Caleb's car won a blue ribbon for best paint job.
His car was fast and really outrunning them all, at first. But being the I-know-nothing-about-Derby-car-racing mom that I am, I had no idea your car could go into the pits for repairs. A piece of fender wood around one of the tires broke off, and I did not know it would make that much difference. But it did. After it broke off, I noticed his car started losing. I could have brought glue and glued it back on, but I didn't even consider such a thing. And I certainly don't know anything about aerodynamics, but it makes all the difference. Everyone had a great time anyway, and he received his first Derby car race badge.
He also tried out his first Karate class Tuesday afternoon. And loved it. That's right up his alley. Some kids from school were in his class as well. So those will be his summer activities, and probably next year's activities.
Laci has signed up for cheerleading for next year and starts practices in June. That's also right up her alley. She's also taking dance this summer. She loves it! And she's played at three different venues since she's quit the violin. Actually, she's decided she doesn't want to quit after all. She has learned so many songs in the past years that I figure she can just continue to practice on those and we'll delay further lessons for another time.
With all that going on, summer swim team is probably not going to be an option this year. I will miss it, but maybe we'll continue at another time.
And as for Zak, he has found a new friend that lives on the next block over that comes and plays with him. He is a boarder collie. Zak is like our third child, when he sees his friend, he gets so excited and starts whinning to go outside with him. The boarder collie herds Zak all over the back yard, as that is his nature, you know. They are two silly dogs.
And, well, as for keeping him inside a moving car, that has been no small task. I suppose he truly likes his long hears flopping in the wind!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment