Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Milestones2012



We are counting down the days to summer break, and we'll be putting our backpacks away very soon (like Thursday). I am so, so proud of my children. 2012 has been a trying year for the Broom family. In the midst of it all, they have done extremely well through change and uncertainty.

We attended Caleb's K-graduation today. Greg was able to break away from work for a while to attend. We are so thankful for the wonderful teacher he's had this year.

We're thankful for all of the staff.



Their principal knows every child by name, and greets them every morning when they walk in the school building. She also gives them a big hug!

So proud to see Caleb graduate and hear about all of his accomplishments this year.


He won the award for "Most Social" in his class (I tell his teacher that's why he's here); he's reading two levels above his grade level, his writing is coming along wonderfully, and he loves school. I hope he has the same experience next year.






Oh, and when each child stood up to say what they wanted to be when they grew up, the girls said things like a vet, a doctor, a beautician, a teacher; ALL of the boys said a policeman or a fireman. My boy had to be different. He's going to go a step further than a policeman, he's going to be an FBI agent! More like a navy seal, I say :)

Also this week, Caleb received his first Bobcat badge in Cub Scouts.



That's been a fun adventure this year for him.





I second that!



Laci aced her year end testing with all 4's. Hallelujah Glad that's over with!

She's looking forward to dancing this year and wants to be a Girlscout starting in the fall. Can't say no to that, can I?

I in no way measure my children's success by the classroom, but I'm very thankful for their social personalities and adaptability to change. They are not ones to strive for perfection but seem to do well in the end. In the past six months if it hasn't been me enouraging them through hard times, it's been them encouraging me. Along with lots of other friends. Thank you, God! You truly are good.







No comments: