Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Things I love ~


I've been thinking lately about the things that I love. Things that make my life easier, things that are just downright fun, convenient, and helpful!

I love having a garden, minus the weeds that seem to take over every year. I think I'll consider raised beds in the future, although they are not cheap. But the best, best, bestest kitchen tool that I have ever bought is this ~

    
 
 
This year my garden produced some awesome lettuce ~ 
And if you haven't had fresh lettuce before -- well, let's just say you'll never want to buy it from the store again.  Anyway, I had lots of lettuce to clean so I bought this great salad spinner. I use it for everything; cleaning greens, lettuce, grapes, just about anything that will fit in it without breaking. And if you buy the stainless, you can store your salad in there for a long time in the fridge. It keeps it dry and cold!
 
The next love of my life - and not a very good pic - is the Dustbuster. More powerful and lighter weight than they once were, they are a must-have for anyone with kids, dogs, and a van. I use it for every little picker-upper job in my home and car. The ergonomics of them nowadays allows you to get into the nooks and crannies of your car.  No more running down to the car wash or dragging out the vacuum cleaner. A wonderful investment!
 And the best thing since sliced bread ~ the Pod!
 
 
 
Not only for your clothes, but also for your dishwasher. I LOVE IT! No more pouring, measuring, or making messes, just throw it in and you're done! They make me happy :)
 
 
Okay. And let's talk winter. My all-time favorite chapstick!
Come winter I can truly say, this is exactly what my lips will look like, unless I have my Lizard Lips lip balm!  For the sports minded, this is perfect for you. It's 100% all natural - contains no petroleum - is absolutely waterproof for all you swimmers out there, and protects against UVA and UVB rays.
 
And another favorite ~
 
 



EOS lip balm, just because it's fun! Check it out at your local Walmart counter. One full swoop and your lips are covered.
 
There are several little places in L'town that I love to frequent.
 
 
 

 
The old candy store is a favorite with our whole family. I love to hear the old hardwoods creek as you walk through. They decorate for every holiday and occasion known to man. I love it!
 
 
And so do my kiddos ~
 
 



Remember these ~
 
 
 
And the lovely waxed lips we used to ride our bikes to the nearest store for ~
 
 
 
 
 
The lovely ladies who work there have assured me they have a blast working there. I can believe it. Can I have a job there???
 
 
 


 Another uptown favorite of ours ~
 
 

Friends of ours own this establishment. And we love going in there because we always see someone we know. And so do our kids. Monday night kids "eat free," so whenever our kids get good progress reports, we take them for a special treat. "Kids eat free night!" As if our kids ever paid for any of their meals??!!
 
And last but not least, one thing I will miss the most out of summer, and to which I did not get to do a lot of this year,  is the farmer's market. Yes, I still go even though I have a small garden because I love to look at all the wonderful things that I do not grow.
 
 

Good-bye summer. Until next year!
 
There are lots more favorites we'll talk about at a later time.  But now it's late and I must hit the bed.
 
Ahhh, so much to talk about, so little time!
 
Maybe you can tell me some of your favorites!


No comments: