Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Busy Life in 2013 ~

I've been so busy, not much time for blogging. Ringing in the New Year has been a crazy event!

Greg's car broke down and had to be towed - second time in 4 months ~ seems he will be needing to update!

All of us rang in the New Year with the stomach virus ~

The motherboard went out in Greg's computer, and my laptop crashed during an HP download. I lost lots and lots of pictures from 2012. Thankfully, I still had lots of Christmas pics still on my camera. Nothing could be retrieved off my computer! What a bummer. I had to reload from scratch. And Greg's went to the electronics dump.

Greg's iPhone freaked out  - and is still frozen up ~

All of this happened in a 7-day time span.

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out

______________________________________________

The good news is I've been working. Couldn't have come at a better time ~

We met Greg's sister and family in Williamsburg right after Christmas and had a lovely time with them over the weekend ~

Visited with my mom and dad over Christmas holidays ~

Computer is back up and running :) Isn't it funny, once you get used to living a certain way, there's a little adjustment period when something goes arwy. We were without a computer or cell phone for at least a week, and over time you sort of adjust and get used to not having it. At first it was weird to not be able to check your email (of course you can do that at work), or FB or blog or whatever it is you enjoy doing on the computer. And then reloading all your programs -- well, I leave that to my husband. Neither one of us like doing it, but better him than me ~

Report cards next week ~

Dental visit - all looks good. Laci has her first orthodontist visit next month.She's not real excited about it.

We're in a funny stage of life. Both my kids used to eat whatever I put on their plates. Seriously, they liked about everything. Now it's like picky, picky, picky about every little thing. And they like "Nothing." So aggravating. And our dentist visit - geez, you would think they had never been before. It was your typical routine visit, but they were so scared. Now, we have been going to this same dentist since they were 2 years old. Twice a year we've been going for routine cleaning. Now, all of a sudden, they act as if they've never been before. And they used to get so darn excited about visting the dentist.  So weird.

And today I picked them up because it was raining ice - no, no, no, my kids do not come home and read a good book, play quietly in their rooms, get all involved in Legos, dolls, or anything that would require silence, watch TV, play video games (well, some) but they have to turn my kitchen into a mad scientist lab. They are making all sorts of science concoctions and food coloring is all over the place, pots and pans and all sorts of craziness. WHY COULDN'T I HAVE NORMAL KIDS??? And seriously, they got out the camera and videoed all of their scientific studies -- OMG! It has not been a quiet day. This went on all day. I was more exhausted than had I worked all day long at the firm.

It took Greg hours to get home after he dodged all the cars in the ditch because they DO NOT OBVIOUSLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN THE RAINING ICE.

But all is quiet and calm now. Everyone is tucked in and watching a movie. Ahhh, silence ...

I hope you have a good weekend, friends!



No comments: