Greg has been an avid runner for many years. He ran his first 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) last month in Raleigh. We were proud of him. They had a program going on at work where they had a trainer teach them how to run marathons and even the k races. They run on their lunch breaks, go to meetings, learn what things are good to eat before a race, and after a race.
If you've never been to a race before, they can be most exciting. Lots of music, cheering, and lots of emotions for some who feel they've accomplished a goal. This particular race had something for everyone, 3k, 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon, et cetera. So there were lots of people there. Greg would love for our whole family to be involved in running. I just can't seem to get motived. If you feel the same way, here's a link to get started. From Couch to 5k - www.c25k.com. I've heard lots of great things about this site. They say it really works. Haven't tried it yet. The kids are wanting to run, especially Caleb. But they've been all too busy swimming hard on the swim team this summer, which will soon be coming to an end. I have no pics as I've discovered how much I like being a timer at the meets. Can't time and take pictures too, but you do get to see it all up close and personal.
I haven't been very good at blogging lately. Between work and kids activities, I can't seem to stay up on everything. We've been doing major house cleaning -- as in taking all the windows out and cleaning them, pressure washing, cleaning all those hard core stains out of carpets ... and trying to keep up the mowing from all the rain we seem to have every week. Not complaining or anything, it's better than 100 degree drought. We'll see what the rest of summer has in store for us, although it sure is going fast ...


No comments:
Post a Comment