But, seriously, this past Friday night was our first football game of the year. Our local high school's homecoming was this weekend so we decided to take the kids.
One of our favorite babysitters was voted Homecoming Queen so it was quite an exciting night.
One of Caleb's many talents ... NOT!
West has less than 600 students. I think we had less than 500 just in our senior class, so quite a small school. The student section certainly was quite calmer than I remember ours being. We used to yell so much that we would lose our voices. I miss going to those old football games. Their band was extremely lively, though. The only true downhill side of the night was we got our pants beat off of us, 35-0, but who's counting, right? Maybe that's why things weren't quite as lively as a homecoming game should be. As Laci put it, "I guess the other side had a better plan." I guess so!
And a little weekend funny for you: We were in the grocery store and Caleb tugs on my shirt. I lean down and he whispers in my ear, "There's a robber in the store."
I say, "Oh, really?"
"Yes. You see that guy over there wearing that mask? He is a robber."
There was a guy at the check-out counter wearing a mask so as not to spread germs, or contract them, one or the other, and Caleb thought because he was wearing a mask he must be a robber. There's lots of viruses going around out there. I hope you make it thru the season without meeting up with one of them!!


No comments:
Post a Comment