Before our walls were a beige color and now they are a muted blue/gray color. We now call it the computer room because we have two computers, one for Greg and one for the rest of us. I guess he didn't want to share with us, and any viruses we may contract.
Before
After
The same messy bookshelf as always, only painted a chocolate color, along with the desk.
And the thing that took the longest to finish, what we call "the museum." It's where we store everything; the artwork, notes, reminders, books we're reading, et cetera. Our refrigerator is so happy now!!! And the kids love the chalkboard. There's already been many a hangman played on it already. And, yes, it's quite interesting playing hangman with two little ones that do not know how to spell yet!!!
Before
After
Are you wondering about all the cards hanging on the wall? It's our memory work for history. They are history timeline cards, from Creation all the way to our 44th President, Barack Obama. I'll tell more about that later, though. They're awesome.
We use this room now to store all of our memorization work, our geography maps, and the chalkboard has come in real handy. While I'm working on music with Caleb, I'll write Laci's Bible versus up on the board for her copy work. Writing them down also helps to memorize them, because I'll have her read each word as she writes them (The Ten Commandments). So she gets to practice reading, writing and copying all at the same time.


1 comment:
I want to come to that schoolhouse :)
The room looks great,and I always love seeing things like that, so thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment