Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!


I've taken Laci and Caleb to story time at the library since they were toddlers. They love a good story. We used to go every week for a story, craft and snacks. We still go when we can, but our time is a little more limited these days. We managed to catch story time one week over the Christmas break, though. The librarians know my kids by name now. You feel like family when you walk through the doors.

So, when the librarian announced a little reading contest, my two signed up right away. The first 14 kids to read 10 books wins tickets to the circus! My kids jumped on that. We checked out 15 books (the max) and were headed out the door. Granted, Laci picked the shortest, easiest books she could find, because she was going to win her one of them tickets. She read all 10 books in two days! I believe that's the most she's read in two years! (Yes, we gladly accept bribes!) The way it works with Caleb, if he listens in on the stories, he can play too. So they both won tickets to the circus. They were so excited!

Now, I have to say, the circus has never really been on my radar. I suppose Greg and I had some preconceived notions about what the circus looks like. You know, tents, a monkey carrying a tin can and all those poor animals miserably playing out their parts. Maybe even a few gypsies. BUT that wasn't at all what it was like. It was SO COOL! I don't know who was more excited, me and Greg or the kids. Watching all those acrobats made you feel like you were at the opening ceremonies of the olympics in China. IT WAS AWESOME! You must go at least once in your lifetime. Even if you do not have kids. The circus is definitely for everyone. The acrobats, the costumes, the choreophagraphy, it was amazing!










Laci summed it up well: "It truly was the bestest show on earth!"

I would concur!

No comments: