
I've been real curious about these Sketcher Shape-ups for quite some time now. The P.A. in my doctor's office wears them; my friend, who is a nurse, wore them all over New York. And her feet never hurt her once. I'm talking walking from morning till night. Of course they don't, they have 10 feet of sole on the bottom of them!!
They are supposed to be good for people who have back problems, and simply just to tone your buttocks, leg, ab muscles, and several other things that I can't think of right now. So I bought me a pair and decided to try them. I know, I know, they are orthopedic looking in nature, but they do come in different styles and colors now, but I just stuck with the simple orthopedic look. AND I LOVE THEM!
I know what else you're thinking THEY COST $100. You can actually buy them at any outlet for the grand total of $80 instead. You know this cheapo girl has never spent $80 on a pair of shoes, but if it's something I really want, I don't mind. And I've been wearing them every day. The first few days I only wore them for an hour or two until I could get used to them. And I'm glad I did, I had sore muscles after that, so I know they were working.
So here's my recommendation (which I know you could care less about), but if you decided to get a pair, spend a few hours a day getting used to them before you go on a walking marathon like I did yesterday at a really big mall, or even a walking track. It will help you get used to balance, and your muscles won't be as sore as if you'd just spent an hour in the gym doing aerobics.
I also wear mine walking around the house doing chores, to the grocery store, walking track, mall (which is seldom). But we were doing errands all day yesterday, and so I wore them all day, and my feet never hurt once. They do take getting used to, but once you do get used to them, you will love them! If you have a job where you stand or have to walk around all day, these would be perfect.
You are not going to lose tons of weight with these shoes; as a matter of fact, no weight at all, but I can certainly see where they would tone you up a little. And when you've had two kids and get my age, you don't mind a little toning here and there :)
Now, I am in no way getting compensated for endorsing these lovely shoes, so DO NOT call me should you break a leg or twist an ankle, please!! Take it easy on them at first and have fun walking!! You'll love them too!

No comments:
Post a Comment