Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Monday, October 17, 2011

The busyness of seasons!

God has given us such beautiful weather lately. Saturday we were determined to be outdoors for the better part of the day. And we were.

We started out with the kids last soccer game of the season.


This bunch had so much fun playing together this year. I would love to see them together again next year, but I know it won't be so. Laci will actually move to an all-girls team next year, and the rules will change for her, just a little. But this group sure was a joy to watch! We ended the day with a carnival and awards ceremony.

Then we headed off to Greg's work to grab something from his office. There is the most awesome farmer's market just down the street. I love going there. It's fun to just walk through and see what all you can see ~


It's probably a good thing it's not any closer to my home - I would just laze away my Saturdays there, browsing the booths full of fresh flowers, unusual pumpkins, colorful mums, fresh seafood, homemade cider, and much more. It's a shoppers paradise!

But we did bring our picnic basket and blanket for an afternoon in the little village of Old Salem. It was Autumn Fest day and the streets were bustling with people.


We bought some homemade strawberry cider (yum) at the market and enjoyed it with our picnic. It was just what the doctor ordered - a little picnic in the shade, sipping on cider, playing ball and enjoying the sites. We haven't done anything like that in a long time, and it was nice.

We were pooped by the time we made it home that afternoon (some of us anyway). And since I never have my pic made with my children, this one's for me ~


I sure hope you have a good week!

No comments: