And it works perfectly. tick-tock tick-tock. And it glows in the dark. And the bells are good and loud. Sure to wake up the whole west wing of the house (that would be the kids bedrooms). Can't wait till Monday morning rolls around! I'm gonna try it out!
I'm not big into antiques, per se, but I love a little nostalgia.
My mom and dad's house flooded from Hurricane Isaac. Weird to see the house I grew up in gutted down to the studs.
A little deja vu from 7 years ago, only it was Greg's ole' homestead.
I see new floors and walls in their future. Except now they're a little homeless, for the time being. Generous friends have offered them a place to lay their heads at night. During the day it's back to working on the house. If the kids weren't in school, I'd make a trip down there to help out. My sis has been down there to help, along with some good friends.
Someone got a buzz cut today ~ and it wasn't my son.
If you insist on playing in the creek, every day, Z, the feathers have got to go! Maybe we'll let them grow back this winter. He doesn't seem to mind.
And speaking of nostalgia, Greg and I will be married 20 years come November. Hey, it's not easy, ladies, but so far we've made it. In my mind I think it deserves a big celebration, but we'll see. It may just be a quiet weekend in the mountains, and that would be fine with me.
Greg would like for me to travel to Brazil with him. It just happens to be in November. But oh, my, only if we get a great deal. We definitely need to spend a little time with one another, if we want to stay married another 20 years, right? :)
We'll see what God has in store for us ~ have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment