Well, almost a whole week of school has gone by and we're working out all of the kinks. The kids decided they would like to ride the bus home this year, so we signed them up. Then we found out that it was going to take an hour and half to get home (say around 4:00). We only live 2 miles from the school. Apparently we are the last stop. I think we were just added to the bottom of the list. Anyway, we decided not to go that route as we figured they could finish their homework if I picked them up before the bus even came around. Well, I forgot to pull the papers from Caleb's room, so the first day they put him on the bus. I picked Laci up, no Caleb. I was informed he got on the bus. He finally got home at 4:00 (I pick them up at 2:20). I did not have time to write his teacher a note so I said take the bus again today and I'll write the note. The bus came by around 4:00 again the next day, Laci was watching TV, the dishwasher was running, and I was talking on the phone to Greg's dad. The bus driver beeped for me to come outside, but I did not hear her. Since I was not outside to greet my son, they drove him back to the school and called me to come and get him. He was not happy that he had to ride all over the county and then back to school!!
But anyway, he enjoys riding otherwise. So Laci decided she wanted to ride too. I said as long as your homework is done before your dad gets home, you can ride.
Today (Thursday), I get a call from the school. It's the principal! You know if you get a call from the school and it's the principal, the first thing you think is oh, sh__, what has "he" done?? Actually, it turned out to be a good call. They are promoting Caleb to second grade because he has been doing so well and tested higher than the other kids. And because the first grade is overcrowded as well. I can't wait to tell him this afternoon. He will be so excited. At least I think he will.
I haven't met Caleb's new teacher, but I hope she's great. Laci's teacher is really funny and she likes her a lot. So, one more day, and then next week LET THE HOMEWORK BEGIN!
2 comments:
Certainly an eventful first week of school. But when are things not eventful down in your neck of the woods? Hope you all enjoy the Labor Day weekend!
Remind me to tell you about our bus fiascos with poor Kristin!! CRAZY! Actually, right now, I am waiting for her to arrive and it's almost 4:00. Her school lets out at 2:30... she may be a car rider this year, too. Already decided that for the mornings since the bus picks up at 6:30am and school starts at 8:00... and we are also 2 miles away! SHEESH.
YAY!!!! For Caleb!!! Tell him the Hauts say congratulations! Now he'll get to sing in the childrens' choir at church ;-)
Post a Comment