Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving in the Carolinas this year ~


Some lovely friends invited us to their beach house this year for Thanksgiving. We graciously accepted,  L and I. All of the guys and young guy boys stayed around and went on their usual yearly Thanksgiving hunt.  Thankfully good friends fed them Thanksgiving dinner while we were away.

It's the best time of year to go to the beach. Lovely sunny weather, no crowds. We had such a great, relaxing time. Cracker Barrel catered our Thanksgiving dinner! Yum!  Turkey, ham, and all the fixins. Tasted just like mama's. Without all the fuss.

I even took two naps while I was there. Something mama never gets to do. We walked the beach, read, ate, read some more, ate some more, took the kids to the acquarium via the ferry. Took in a good movie Thanksgiving night. It was a great girl weekend, plus one boy who does not hunt.

We did not shop, no hustle and bustle, just enjoyed the sounds of the waves and seagulls.


And enjoyed some of God's other creations as well ~

Many thanks to our friends for inviting us to go along. It was just what the doctor ordered. I feel well rested and a little livelier. Ready for a little Christmas shopping now.

1 comment:

Buffie Cullens said...

So glad you and Laci joined us this year!