Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Day to do Nothing ~ almost!

We have the day off, the kids and I. We're cleaning house, washing clothes, and cooking. After a month of being so busy, cleaning has been much needed. I love it when my house is clean, although it never seems to last very long.  Enjoy it while you can, right!?!

I've also been smelling the house up (but in a good way) with some homemade crockpot applesauce and some skinny pumpkin muffins (as in a skinny, low-fat recipe). Just some of the things I love about fall.

My 46th birthday was a wonderful day. It was our first teacher/parent conference day.  Greg and I were elated with the progress of our children. Straight A's (with the exception of one 92) and wonderful reports on behavior and participation. I couldn't have asked for anything else, although my family did surprise me with cake (which I did not need) and a dreamy leather bag that I had been wanting (but did not need)!

We also made it to our 20-year anniversary (2 days after my birthday). We contemplated taking a trip to celebrate, but we decided not to. We even contemplated me going to Brazil with him on a business trip, but decided it was going to be more than we were willing to spend (and that was just for my flight and a little side trip). And I'm glad that didn't work out, as his trip got canceled anyway. I sure would have hated to end up going by myself :)

So, instead we thought we would have something special built for our home. Maybe I'll show pics later, after it is all finished.

We've had a very long, challenging year this year. One that I wasn't always convinced we would get through. But even in the midst of all that,  I have so much to be thankful for, as always. It's amazing how well the kids are doing after all they've been through with their dad being sick and all. But I give God all the credit for all he has brought us through. He is good, He is loving, He is sovereign. He takes care of us.  He always has.

Thank you God for walking through the darkness, the wilderness with me time and time again. You are faithful, and you always keep your promises!

No comments: