The flowers in NC are beautiful in the springtime, aren't they? But my, my, where has the summer gone? I can't believe how fast it has flown by. Between swimming and old time music festivals, and many visits from relatives, we've had a great summer. As I'm writing this post, my lovely children are outside playing the spy game, as they call it. They are all dressed incognito; sunglasses, hats, vests, trying to spy on any neighbor that may be home this time of day. (Inspired by one of Laci's readers)
The weather has been great this summer, until August hit! We had many cool days, by summer's standards, and the 4th of July was a record cool, as far as I can ever remember.
We've kept the learning process going this summer. We've continued on with music, Caleb has been learning to recognize his alphabet and their sounds, while Laci has been practicing her reading, some writing and a little math.
School will officially start in a few weeks for most children. We'll start hitting it hard and heavy with first grade. It's going to be a fun year this year (so I keep trying to convince myself). I know I have short hair, but if you should see me with no hair, you can only guess why. Caleb is not much interested in learning anything. AND I MEAN ANYTHING. We've been reviewing his alphabet with some cards that I had. We'd go through them each day. Most days he didn't want to do it. Some days he asked me if we could do it. He wants to read but I've insisted he must know his letters before he can read. So one day I was looking all over the house for his alphabet cards.
Mom: Caleb, where have we put your alphabet cards?
Caleb: I don't know, mommy.
(So I find a few in his room, straggled away from all the others.)
Mom: Caleb where are the rest of your cards?
Caleb: Uh, I threw them in the garbage.
Mom: You what?
Caleb: I threw them in the garbage. I do not need to learn those things ...
Urgh!!! He is such a mess. Cute, but a mess.


No comments:
Post a Comment