This has been Virginia's state slogan for quite some years now. And this is where we've been for the past few weeks, off and on. There's tons of things to do there in the mountains, one being lots and lots of old time music festivals, which our children love. And the weather has been great up there. Much like fall.
Laci has met some wonderful friends on the fiddle circuit. They love competing with one another, and honestly, there couldn't be any two girls more alike than these two! They both take Suzuki music method, and moonlight with a little fiddle music on the side. These two could run and play for hours on end and never tire.
Kathryn and her family live in Florida and have a summer home in Elk Creek, Va. We were invited to their home this past weekend after the music festival. It was awesome. Check out the view from their back deck!
50 acres full of pear and apple trees, raspberry and blackberry bushes (galore), and a stocked pond full of bass. I'm not a big raspberry eater, personally, because most of them taste bitter to me, but they had the sweetest raspberries I've ever put in my mouth. Maybe that's what they really taste like when you can get them fresh! And everyone caught the catch of the day in the stocked pond! But we had to hunt our bait first, wORms!
Lunch anyone?
Oh, and their 50 acres used to be a Christmas tree farm so they have Christmas trees everywhere. How cool is that, you can just walk out your back door and cut yourself a Christmas tree! And they have cool downhill slopes for sledding. They're selling off 10 acres of their estate, if anyone is interested in a little piece of land in the mountains. It backs up to the stocked pond, I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing with you.
We had a great time. Thanks to Noel and Kathryn (Kitty) for inviting us! Laci wants to go back and spend the night with Kitty one weekend. I guess that means I'll do the spend the night thing too since it's two hours away. I guess we'll make it a girls weekend.


1 comment:
It looks like a great time was had by everyone!
You know, until this year, I'd never had fresh raspberries and was also never a fan, until I tried them fresh, and I'm hooked!!
Have y'all been to Mabry's Mill? I love Virginia. I lived in Williamsburg in the mid-90's for two years.
Post a Comment