Well, he finally did it, he killed his first buck of the year. It has turned into tradition in this house, I think for the past 12 years Greg has bagged himself a buck at Thanksgiving.
Here he is with all his little helpers!
Caleb did not go with him this time, but him and Laci always get so excited when they hear his truck coming down the road, in anticipation there may be something hanging out of the back of it. Kids love this kind of stuff. Mine especially love the woods, as does their dad. It's Greg's favorite thing to do, sit in the quiet and stillness of the woods, watching the animals. He's in his element. And it seems Caleb loves it just as much. Greg says he gets out there and he's in his own world.
Greg makes all of our sausage and hamburger meat out of venison. He has perfected his spicey sausage to -- well, perfection. I don't remember the last time I even bought sausage or hamburger meat. I'm so thankful. We have a freezer full! Our cup runneth over!!! And we'll share it with our kin this Thanksgiving feast!


2 comments:
So, Noah had me laughing telling me about how when he walked in the kids were each holding a deer leg, Laci included. Noah and I are not from "hunting" families, so the whole butchering of animals is a totally foreign concept to us.
But, since, Isaac apparently got the hunting bug, we may have to educate ourselves on the ins and outs of hunting. And by "we" I mean Noah. Because deer are cute, and I might cry.
Ooooh does Greg make the sausage himself? I absolutely LOVE deer sausage and hamburger. It's so lean as well. Enjoy!! and Yeahhh to Greg for the kill of the week!
Post a Comment