Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Monday, November 23, 2009

THANKSGIVING GRATITUDE

We had our Thanksgiving service last night at church. We had a wonderful feast (everyone brought something), and then everyone was welcome to the microphone to offer their praise of Thanksgiving. Laci was eager to stand up (before 200 people, mind you) and share her Thanksgiving thoughts. She introduced herself, and proceeded to say that she was thankful for food, clothes, her home, and her family. Mama was thankful that her six-year-old daughter was thankful for the things that are necessities in her life versus any worldly possessions she may own. My heart smiled.

Every week in our Classical Conversations class the children have to stand up and give an oral presentation before their peers. I suppose it has helped her to stand in front of others and be able to speak. I'm thankful for Classical Conversations. And I guess playing in fiddle competitions in front of hundreds of people doesn't hurt either. Our last class she got up and showed her thankful turkey that we made at home, and said that she was thankful for her dad who went to work each day and worked really hard. And then she was thankful for her mother (who works -- well -- sometimes). All the moms got a good chuckle out of that one.



I'm thankful for my little children who are growing in the Lord, and I'm thankful for such a supportive husband who leads his family well. We have never gone without. And God is faithful even when we are not! I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and are sharing it with the special people in your life!

1 comment:

Wizardress said...

This is beautiful Beth. Isn't it so joyous to see that your children have a love for the Lord and to see their faith and understanding grow? Those things always bring tears to my eyes. My brothers son, Dawson is the same, and it's so inspiring.

I'm thankful for reading this, and for you blessing my life and the lives of so many others. *HUGS*


Happy Thanksgiving!