Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter Wonderland

It's snowing like mad outside, the fireplace is roaring, the lights on the tree are twinkling and there's Christmas music playing throughout the house. Laci and Caleb are in the woods with their dad, hunting the great buck, and I'm staring out the window at the beautiful, quiet snow. Some may say, "Poor old lady, she must be bored." On the contrary, I like to think of it as heavenly bliss. No one calling my name, no arguing coming from the other room. I'll be breaking out the hot chocolate soon enough when all come barreling through the door, after their winter escape.

Greg is sitting in his 4X4 boxstand with two chattery children. He may very well come back with a dazed look on his face and hair standing straight up in the air. It surprises me that Laci likes to go with them. After all, she's not one for sitting still and being silent. But I bet it's beautiful out there. This morning Greg saw a coyote, a beaver, and about 75 turkeys, and a deer.

But for now, I shall reap the rewards of a silent evening, watching the white stuff fall as it may ...



A Merry Sleepover



No comments: