On this brisk autumn morning, just before dawn, I stand in my wounded garden. Flowerpots are strewn about the spotty lawn. Burned by seawater, the Aztec grass is turning brown. Shrubs are battered and broken. In a corner by the shed a tiny pink rose blooms out of season, bringing hope of another spring.
Some things however have not changed. Millions of stars twinkle in their appointed places. The Harvest Moon hangs high like a dome light, spreading her silver glow across our battered land, bringing a much needed feeling of tranquility. And I remember. Long ago Christ stood in another garden ready to be battered and wounded for all mankind, bringing hope of an eternal spring; eternal life for all who would accept the gift.
"Christ Followers" would be scattered for a time, but on rememberance of Him gained courage, pressed on. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote it all down for the ages; the story of Jesus and His love. Paul reminds, we are conquerors in Him.
"...and, we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
Many have struggled before us. Many have overcome. As Martin Luther said, "If I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
She is my mother-in-law :)


No comments:
Post a Comment