Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

BEACH FUN!

After working in the yard all week for the past few weeks, we were ready for a little R&R, so we headed to the beach for a fun-filled weekend. My mom and dad are from the Gulf Coast so we thought maybe they would enjoy visiting the East Coast. So since they were going to be here for Caleb's birthday, we invited them to stay a little longer and go with us. The weather was just beautiful. And turns out spring is the best time to go. It wasn't overly crowded, it wasn't too hot and the rates are much cheaper. We played on the beach all day Saturday.







My mom bought the kids some kites, and it was the perfect day for them.




Of course we met all sorts of friends. Caleb met this little boy and his parents on the beach. His mom was pregnant and Caleb told the little boy, "I sure hope you have a little baby brother. I've been begging and begging for one."

Oh dear, I thought to myself. Don't hold your breath. It turns out the boy's mother is having a little girl. But I didn't tell Caleb that. I didn't want to burst his bubble or anything.

My mom and I went and gathered up lunch and we parked ourselves out on the terrace for a little picnic and live music. We returned to find the kids burried alive. I suppose Greg just could not take it any longer.




And can I just say, I liked to never got the sand out of those bathing suits (or any other bodily parts either).

It's been unusually warm in the Carolinas this spring. It's usually rainy and still cold until the end of May, so just in case the weather was not so nice, we stayed at a place with a cool indoor water park. So, after we came in from the beach and ate our dinner, we headed to the indoor water park, with cool slides, even for adults; a jacuzzi in every corner; a kitty park, life-size chess and checker games, and a lazy river.

This would be my wild and crazy mom trying out the slide. From the sounds of her scream and arms flying in the air, you would think she was on a roller coaster ride.




One night we took Caleb to a Medieval dinner theater for his birthday. It was really cool. But wouldn't you know it, I left my camera in the room. Luckily my mom remembered hers. I wish I had pics to show ya. It was awesome. Knights jousting and everyone is dressed up. The food and entertainment was great! Caleb was definitely taking it all in. And after the tournament he got a chance to meet all the Knights and talk to his favorite ones.

We had a good time, but the weekend just was not long enough. We could have easily stayed a few more days. We have no big plans this summer so maybe we'll go back before school starts up.




2 comments:

Beth said...

#1. I am jealous you went to the beach already!

#2. You got some GREAT pics! I love the one of Lacy jumping the wave.

#3. I know a way you can give Caleb a baby brother... without the trouble of being pregnant ;-)

Wizardress said...

You know your mom hasn't changed a bit!!! It looks like y'all all had a wonderful time!