We only have one credit card, held by Bank of America. We do use it occasionally for my hubby loves to rack up the points at his favorite store (Bass Pro Shop).
Sooo Bank of America called me today, informing me that they suspect some fraudulent activity on our account and wanted to verify them with me. Sure enough, two of them were not mine. They immediately took them off of my account and closed it and issued us new cards. No questions asked!!
I was curious. So I asked, "What made you suspect that those charges were not mine?" Because one, or maybe both, were internet charges.
Somehow they could tell that the charges came from other states (TX and NJ) besides NC. Their computer monitors activity daily. So the fact that it did not come from NC, they thought something fishy.
If you hold a credit card, please, please make sure your company holder has a fraud protection plan in place. I am so thankful for them calling me, or it could have gotten to be a really ugly situation. It can happen to any of us in this age of technology. You hear about it all the time. So protect yourselves out there!


1 comment:
I'm so glad that they called you. I actually tried to use my CC last week (My US one- we have one Dutch one as well) to order some flowers online and it said my card couldn't be processed.
When I called the company- sure enough, they had blocked it for security reasons because I'd booked our tickets for our flight home and the price was much more than I ever spend on the card at any given time, so they asked if the activity was mine. It was a small inconvenience to call them to check as compared to the trouble it could have been if it had been a fraudulent user. I was grateful that they were on top of things. Luckily in my case the only user was ME.
I hope they can get the IP address and more information about the person who tried to use your card and catch them.
Post a Comment