
And daisies are popping up everywhere.
Summer is upon us, and with it comes the rains. I woke up this morning and looked into my freezer only to find this - a gigantic mudpie, compliments of my youngest's creative side.
My garden is growing like crazy. I've been weeding a good part of the day. The kids are at a great age where they are happy to help me. I take advantage of it as I know that day is coming where I won't even be able to con them into it.
We went camping this weekend with some friends of ours. They have a 34-foot tag-along, so they invited us to stay with them. It has a queen bed, two pull-out couches and bunk beds that sleep 4. So we said, "Sure."
It stormed like crazy the Friday night we all arrived. With 5 very LOUD kids and 4 adults couped up in a camper, it was - WELL - as crazy as one might imagine. And those juicy steaks on the grill turned into pimento cheese sandwiches for the night.
But Saturday morning was beautiful enough to make you forget all about that dreadful night, and so we all headed to Fiddler's Grove for the day, which is why we were there in the first place. Our friend, who is 12, also plays the fiddle, and her and Laci were to play that morning, although we weren't sure how the weather was going to hold out.
We had a great time, and we picnicked in the grove, surrounded by tons of huge oak trees, listening to music. Then Laci and Greg make their way to the stage to entertain us a little.
We all ended up having a great time after all! Such bonding goes on in such small spaces :)
Now I'll leave you with a little video from "the grove." The Eighth of January is one of my favorite songs that Laci plays. It's a remake of The Battle of New Orleans. This is Laci's version. Enjoy ...


3 comments:
Whoo Hoo.....glad your camping adventures have begun. Rained on us this weekend too, but we were in a tent. Getting ready to blog about it and Laci's fiddle music has me hoppin'.
Oh my goodness, that was just too cute!
I love her version!!! I can definitely see why it's one of your favorites. She did a great job. THe camping adventure sounds like fun!!!
Post a Comment