Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FOR THE RECORD ...

I appreciated everyone's phone calls, blog comments and emails on the subject of VBS that was posted last week, and I thought I would share some of those comments with you. Some were redundant so I'll hit the highlights:

Because Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, do not hinder them. For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"

God can be glorified in the midst of chaos

We are planting seeds in the minds and hearts of those little ones

VBS is definitely a place of socialization for these little ones, but in all we do and say we are planting seeds in their little hearts

I thank everyone for reminding me what our goal, as Christians, should be, to be a witness and to plant seeds -- God will do the rest as he sees fit.

In pondering all of this I've also realized that on family night maybe even some parents were blessed when they saw their little ones reciting their Bible verses and singing songs of praise to the Lord.

I suppose because Greg and I teach our children diligently about the word of God, I sometimes forget that there are many parents who do not. There were many children at VBS that do not even have a home church. I pray that Meadowview would be a witness and I too am thankful for the outcome last week. There are still VBS's going on in just about every church in the country, from now until the end of summer, please pray that many, many seeds will be planted.

And even in the seriousness of teaching our own children, let's not forget to enjoy the chaos and laughter of those little children :) No where does it say it shouldn't be a fun journey ~



And speaking of seeds, next let's talk about what you're doing with all those garden goodies you have now that summer is coming to an end!

1 comment:

Wizardress said...

I think it's possibly the same in many churches where there are those who aren't being taught at home who can not only learn about the Love of Jesus, but also about what he has done for us. It definitely plants seeds and from there the sky is the limit.