Philippians 3:14
It's Day 2 of VBS and the turnout was even greater tonight. Those kids sure are sweet. We have a very lively bunch of 2nd and 3rd graders, all 29 of them. I now know how a teacher feels with such a big class, and they may not have quite the help we do. I don't know about everyone else, but my kids are working diligently on memorizing their Bible versus for the week. I think maybe our Classical Conversations class has instilled in my children a love for memorizing. I've actually heard people remark (not so kindly) about the art of memorizing. I suppose we all think traditionally as in school we all learned to memorize for a test and then never looked at the material again. But that's not the kind of memorizing I'm talking about. I'm talking about rote memorization, the kind that lasts a lifetime, the kind of material you will see again and again and again, the kind you will hear again and again and again. The kind that you will never forget.
So there are two different kinds of memorization; the kind you acquire for a short time, and the kind you acquire for a lifetime. Training the mind to memorize takes lots of practice, but it's good exercise for the brain.
THE AIM: To hide the Word in their Hearts

No comments:
Post a Comment