Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Friday, November 19, 2010

ONE MAN'S TRASH, ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE!


I've been doing that one thing I hate to do and only do once a year -- clean out closets!!

I stood looking into my closet the other day and thought hmmm, I believe I've had these same clothes for the past 5 years.

I'm a terrible shopper. I don't particularly like it, and only go when I'm in dire need of something, i.e., food, birthday presents, pants for my children because all of a sudden their present ones are riding above the ankles. You know what I mean. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you're a better shopper than I am. I'm not one to head to the mall come Saturday morning.

As a matter of fact, I've had these shoes since Greg and I got married.


And since we just celebrated our 18th Anniversary, I would dare say these shoes are 17 years old. But I can't part with them. They are classics, they never go out of style, the kind of shoes that do not grow old feeling. As a matter of fact, our local cobbler here in town has even given them new soles. Except for the turned up tassles on them, they wear just like they did the day I bought them. Call me weird, I know. Do you know of anyone else that has a pair of 17-year-old shoes?

I aim to do better this year. TJ Maxx is my new best friend. I love that store. I'm also not a purse and shoe kind of gal. I might buy a purse once a year. Most times I don't even carry one. I'd probably leave it whereever I went anyway! You know my forgetful mind. It can, at times, be dangerous, you know.

If you haven't done it yet, CLEAN OUT THOSE CLOSETS FOR A CLEAN START ON A NEW YEAR! And get that tax deduction! What's one man's trash is another's treasure. Or that coat that's been sitting in your closet forever (the one you never wear) may very well keep someone else warm this winter. SO GET CLEANING!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm with you, Beth! I am NOT a shopper, either... pretty much hate it. I only shop when I have to and I'm always looking for something specific. Nice to know I'm not the only one!