Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

YANKEE DOODLE ~



Music is not an elective in our family but just part of our everyday curriculum. Things like ball and dance are what we consider electives. I'm also working on incorporating some winter swimming lessons, which I hope will work out because, like music, I believe it's something my children can take with them for a lifetime. Plus, I want them to be good swimmers for obvious reasons.

My little man's attention span is only 15 minutes at any one given time, therefore each class is only 15 minutes, at the most, for this little kindergartener.

Needless to say, we've been working on Yankee Doodle for quite some time, but that's okay.

"Practicing" is not in this little kindergartener's vocabulary. I've tried encouraging him to go outside on these beautiful days we've been having to set up his cones and practice his soccer dribble. His response? "I already know how to do that. I've done it before." He certainly doesn't feel much of anything warrants too much practice. 15 minutes feels like eternity to him.

After all, there are many battles to be fought and dragons to be slain, who has time to practice things like handwriting, soccer dribble, or music!



BOYS ~ they are sure to ROCK YOUR WORLD AND RATTLE YOUR CAGE!!!!

No comments: