Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Time Marches On ~


As our oldest niece finishes up college this spring, I've been thinking about this little picture sitting on Laci's dresser of all her cousins. This picture was taken many years ago, and as you can imagine, most of these little guys are all teenagers now. And much taller than I am now. It is not very often that we all can be in the same state at the same time. As a matter of fact, this is the one and only time I remember all of us being together at the same time. It may well be the only picture I ever have of such an occasion now that everyone is in their teens and going their own ways (except for mine, of course).

I just remember these little guys always playing for hours on end in the yard together. Rarely ever taking a break, except to eat, re-energize and go back at it again. Now that the littlest of the bunch has lost his first tooth, I guess you could say there are no more little pitter-patter feet left in this family. Kinda sad.

The oldest of the bunch was homeschooled, finished high school at the age of 16, and is now riding on a 4-year full paid scholarship to a private Christian college, and has just been offered a job with Teach for America, and she hasn't even finished college yet. She's quite an awesome young lady. They all are!

Her sister is following right behind her with a 4-year scholarship at the same school, and within the next year or two, several others will be going off to college as well. Who knows where everyone will end up. We're all spread out as it is. How often will we all get to see each other then?

Time sure marches on, doesn't it? And fast ...

No comments: