We have been traveling for a week and a half, and living out of our suitcases, but we had a really good time on the coast. We headed south and spent the first night at my sister's house in B'ham, AL. Then we headed to my parents house to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, then we headed to the Robbins Nest for two nights, ending up at the Brooms house for the rest of the week. No one can say we didn't make our rounds, right? I always want to visit old friends when I'm there, but there never seems to be enough time, specially with little ones in tow. Sorry I missed you friends, maybe next time. That's what I always say. It takes great planning anymore just to visit with people, doesn't it?
We opened a few gifts before we left, just because we knew we wouldn't be taking them with us.
The knight's castle has been a big hit. I moved it into Caleb's room this morning and they've been in there playing all morning. (Gee, we should have bought that thing sooner!!) Okay, yes, I'm putting off school until next week!
And, well, guess who got skates!!
Look out world, she's coming at you full blast!!! She hasn't taken them off since we got back, so guess who's going to the skating rink Friday night. If you want to go with us, it will be fun!! Cheap entertainment for a cold winter's night, and I need the exercise anyway!
Mimi's usual cookie baking with the kids!
Great memories, as usual! But I do I have one last thought to leave with you about our holidays as we usher in the New Year! There have been often times, from Sunday school teachers, and other various teachers, that leave these remarks with me about my eldest daughter: "Your daughter is one-of-a-kind," and "unique." As I've pondered these thoughts, I wonder do they mean that as a compliment OR maybe that's not exactly what they had in mind! I don't ask because I think I already know the answer. But I wanted to tell you this story of our last night at the Broom house and let you be the judge. It is not a Rated G story so please be advised you may not want to read aloud should little ears be around!
Laci came running into the kitchen where Mrs. Broom and I were and she's shouting "My too-too hurts, my too-too hurts."
MOM: Why is it hurting?
Laci: I must have scratched it while I was going to the potty.
MOM: Okay, go put your pajamas on and we'll see about it.
Laci runs to the bedroom, where Caleb was also putting on his PJs. I walk in the room to see her completely naked, legs sprawled out on the bed checking out her too-too. And she starts yelling ~
Laci: Mama, look at my too-too, it's split in half. Do you see it? Do you see it? (How can I not, I'm thinking to myself).
Caleb: Laci, I think you should go to the hospital and get some of those things ~ stitches, to sew it up. (Gee, I wonder where he got that idea from ~ his cousin, maybe)
I quickly usher Caleb out of the room, informing him that it is not appropriate for little boys to be looking at their sister's too-too.
Well, I checked everything out and turns out all was well. I explained to Laci that, well, that's just the way that thing looks, it was not split in half, and that she's completely normal (whatever that is).
I warned you, it's not Rated G.
So what do you think? Cast your vote in the comment line below. I'd love to know!
Is she ~
(A) Weird (B) One-of-a-kind (C) Unique (D) Just plain crazy
And for all you non-bloggers out there, I will accept your comments via e-mail. But don't be afraid to use the comment section, if you do not have a Google account, leave a comment then click "Name/URL."
I can't wait for her to read this 10 years from now! :)


3 comments:
Well, I;m laughing so hard that I'm crying. For the vote, a close call between B and D. But I'll have to g with the BEST answer.....uh.....D! :0
See I was so cracked up that I made some typos, but I'm sticking with D. Gotta love that girl, crazy or not.
It looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas and the story cracked me up. I've never met Laci but I love her already. If she's anything like you, I know she's great!
Post a Comment