Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

It's snowing again! It's been snowing all night, and today will be a wintry mix. The frozen rain has already begun around here. I hear it clicking on my roof.

My kids love the snow, day or night. There's a quiet calmness when the snow comes down at night; a stillness in the air, if you will. When we put our kids to bed at the end of the night, they lay backwards in their little beds and look dreamily out the window. Greg will turn on the floodlights outside and they will lay there watching the snow until they fall fast asleep.

And I love to sit in front of my fireplace reading a book (which doesn't happen very often, mind you). I light all of my candles, and I'm in complete bliss, if only for a little while.



I love candles. And Greg knows it. He brings them from his travels, far and wide; Sweden, France, and various other places. I'm thankful for much ...

quiet times

my warm fireplace

and my warm flannel sheets :)


None of which I take for granted.

1 comment:

Wizardress said...

I love your fireplace and can see why you want to sit there and enjoy. I would do the same- It's so inviting and peaceful.

I also love my flannel sheets and in fact can't live without them this time of the year.

Let me know if you can't find the Hello Kitty wallet and I'm more than happy to send one over to Miss Laci! I've seen them quite a lot lately so I'm sure there shouldn't be much problem finding one. I think there may even be a store in Amsterdam, or at least there used to be, not sure if it's still there.

Hope you got some time to sit by the fire place and relax with a book.