Me and My Family

  • Me and the hub, we have 2 crazy kids, 2 even crazier dogs, and an adopted cat we call boo! (Cats really don't answer to their names anyway, right?) We love traveling together, music of all genres, the theater, and hanging with friends. We're on this journey called "life" together, and all I can say is "You'd better put your seatbelt on!" We learn together, laugh together, cry together, and, yes, even eat sushi together. We live one wild ride, and albeit crazy, we're doing it together!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FINALLY!

The Queen of Sheba finally did it! She finally pulled that upper tooth that's been wiggling around for the past three months!



It finally fell out in her supper plate last night. (Yes, we have weird tooth stories) Thank goodness it came on out! She was beginning to look a little like Nanny McPhee. It was just barely hanging on. (And if you haven't seen that great family movie, you must get it!)

She thinks it has been just a glorious day today! When Uno Number One gets something on her mind, there's not much else gets done around here where she's concerned. All she kept thinking about was how she was going to spend all that tooth fairy loot she found under her pillow (all $3 worth of change) at -- yes -- 6:00 a.m. this morning, as if it were about to burn a hole in her pocket. I got in what school I could possibly muster up and then drug her down (or vice versa) to the Dollar store. Of course they didn't exactly have what she was looking for. We went to several stores and she was about in tears over not finding it!(Meredith Clemmer, please tell me where in the world you got that Hello Kitty wallet!!??!)

It's days like this that I would rather step into head-on traffic going full force than to try to teach my children anything of any worth.

You just have to throw your hands in the air and start chanting your favorite homeschooling motto:

Thanks be to God that His mercies are new every morning.

When you homeschool it's a must that these exact words are plastered all over your home!


2 comments:

Beth said...

Cute! Isaac is wiggling his front tooth like crazy... it's gonna pop out in the next day or so! He and Lacy will be twins :-)

Wizardress said...

Awww I hope she was able to find that Hello Kitty wallet. If not- let me know, I saw some here and I'll send her one :) and then hers will be from the Netherlands haha.. :)